2021/2022 + Info
ISEG is internationally recognized for its high standards in teaching and research. ISEG follows the best international standards in its teaching programs and in its research: the school is accredited by AACSB and AMBA, a distinction held by only 5% of business schools in the world, and our programs are recognized by many reputed international entities. Employability of our graduates is a top priority and extremely high. For generations, we have developed innovators and leaders in Portugal and elsewhere.
Located in the Center of Lisbon, ISEG belongs to the University of Lisbon – ISEG is the oldest Portuguese School of Economics and Management and is part of the University of Lisbon, the largest and best ranked Portuguese University in the selective Xangai ranking (ARWU). ISEG is located right in the center of Lisbon and is the perfect place to study if you are looking for a quiet and warm environment at school. Our beautiful and historical campus is next to the parliament, businesses, museums, shopping, restaurants and bars, and the river Tejo.
A Culture of Commitment to a Better World – ISEG promotes a culture of solidarity and collaboration, involving the community of students, alumni, faculty, international partners, and an extensive business network. The School adopts a plural approach to teaching and research, and encourages the development of synergies between scientific areas. We are deeply committed to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals. With our plural approach, we help develop Open Minds for a Better World!
The Masters in Accounting graduates will be fully prepared - according to the best international standards and pratices - to work in financial accounting, managerial accounting, consulting and auditting in any organization, anywhere in the world.
Why Master in Accounting @ISEG Lisbon?
1. Highly qualified faculty with PhDs from world-class universities (e.g., Harvard Business School, Tilburg University, Imperial College) and extensive professional experience in the industry.
2. Uses a mix of instructional methods, from case studies, group projects, role-playing and individual research, which creates a dynamic learning environment.
3. Benefits from partnerships with the BIG4, which provides students access to experts in the field in real-life cases.
4. Provides students with the mind-set for an international career in accounting.
5. Can give students the opportunity to become certified accountants.
6. A one-year full-time program (plus one semester for the master’s project, dissertation, or internship) preparing students to stand out in a competitive marketplace.